Posted to sci.electronics.repair
DB DB is offline

Default Vertical Lines

"DB" wrote in message
m...

"DB" wrote in message
m...
Have a Toshiba 30HF85 30" TV. There are vertical lines at the top of the
screen. I believe I need to replace the cap near the vertical hold IC.
Where is the vertical hold IC? Thanks.

Mistake!! I have horizontal lines near top of screen!! Sorry.

Listen guys. I have a 2 year degree in elect/electronics. I know all about
the high voltage. I've been inside many a crt's without getting fried. I
once fixed a crt monitor by replacing a dead cap. I appreciate the concern.

New development: I realized it's as if the picture size has been increased
vertically to where the image has returned at the top but upside down. Is
there an adjustment or do I need to replace a component? Thanks.