Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
gunnerasch gunnerasch is offline

Default OT-Open warfare in chicago

On Tue, 22 Jun 2010 17:17:09 -0400, Wes
wrote:

Ignoramus3314 wrote:

On 2010-06-22, azotic wrote:
Ten people were killed and at least 44 others were shot across the city
Friday night into early Monday, including a baby girl who suffered a graze
wound to the neck when gunfire erupted at a Near West Side barbecue.

Chicago is overall an unpleasant place to live, very hostile and
inconvenient. I am glad that I am not living there.

I've been in Chicago or near the area a few times. Often at the airport, once driving to
Rockford to pick up my mill in a blizzard, and once driving through to get to the EAA
convention in Oshkosh, WI.

On the Oshkosh trip, I was driving my father-in-laws car, he did a by the way, my Colt
1911 is in the pocket behind your seat.

I mentioned that Daley doesn't like guns and he mentioned he has a tumor in his brain just
behind his eyes and he really didn't give a chit.

Anyway, I'm glad you don't live in Chicago. I really hope SCOTUS rules the ban is
un-Constitutional so the victims have a chance to fight back. Chicago is a perfect
example of the failure of gun control.

Btw, I was listening to Tom Gresham's show and he mentioned that the Brady bunch is
renting their mailing list. Sounds like the Brady bunch is only 50K people, not 500K. And
since many progun people subscribe to the antigunners mailing list, you know that 50K had
a lot of gun lovers in it.

Wes

A recent posting at the DU posits that the infamous gun banning
organization is losing money and has only received one donation of
$2,500 so far this year. If so, perhaps Paul Helmke and Petey Hamm
will have to stop traveling first class and switch to a cheaper grade
of snake oil.

A look at the opensecrets.org page for the Brady Campaign shows that,
with the exception of the 1999-2000 donation cycle ($1.7M), the
Brady\u2019s have been losing money ever since, and in fact now pay
out more money than they receive in donations.

What happened in the 1999-2000 donation cycle to boost donations so
much? On April 20th, 1999 two psychopaths stormed their high-school in
Littleton, CO and killed 13 people. I find it ironic that 8 years
later, at Virginia Tech, 32 people lost their lives and there was no
increase in donations. Either the general public has become wise to
the Brady\u2019s tricks, or there is some other factor at play here.

Now, with even more guns in public hands than ever before, crime is at
an all time low. Whether or not this is the reason for the decline is
immaterial, what is important to note, is there has been no increase
in crime as a result. Proof positive I\u2019d say that more guns does
not mean more crime, proving John Lott right.

Whatever ends up happening to the Brady Campaign, I could care less. I
know I certainly won\u2019t be shedding any tears when they eventually
disband and go away. Good riddance to bad rubbish I say.

Would the last one out of the building please turn off the lights?
Thanks!