Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus9757 Ignoramus9757 is offline

Default OT-Open warfare in chicago

On 2010-06-22, Wes wrote:
Ignoramus3314 wrote:

On 2010-06-22, azotic wrote:
Ten people were killed and at least 44 others were shot across the city
Friday night into early Monday, including a baby girl who suffered a graze
wound to the neck when gunfire erupted at a Near West Side barbecue.

Chicago is overall an unpleasant place to live, very hostile and
inconvenient. I am glad that I am not living there.

I've been in Chicago or near the area a few times. Often at the airport, once driving to
Rockford to pick up my mill in a blizzard, and once driving through to get to the EAA
convention in Oshkosh, WI.

On the Oshkosh trip, I was driving my father-in-laws car, he did a
by the way, my Colt 1911 is in the pocket behind your seat.

I mentioned that Daley doesn't like guns and he mentioned he has a
tumor in his brain just behind his eyes and he really didn't give a
chit.

Anyway, I'm glad you don't live in Chicago. I really hope SCOTUS rules the ban is
un-Constitutional so the victims have a chance to fight back. Chicago is a perfect
example of the failure of gun control.

Exactly.

Btw, I was listening to Tom Gresham's show and he mentioned that the
Brady bunch is renting their mailing list. Sounds like the Brady
bunch is only 50K people, not 500K. And since many progun people
subscribe to the antigunners mailing list, you know that 50K had a
lot of gun lovers in it.

Thanks to wise hands off approach of Obama administration, the
interest in the topic of gun control has fallen dramatically on both
sides, but especially on the gun banning side.

The US is a special country, because we are the only civilised country
where gun ownership is constitutionally protected (or one of the very
few).

Now, when it comes to those gang related slayings, I must say that I
have not shed any tears for those dead gang members. All that drug
dealing and gang warfare, is ruining the very people who do it, which
is fine with me as long as I am not among them. Perhaps a few
generations of internecine killing would help naturally select
nonviolent genes for reproduction.

If we are to believe the Wild West stereotype, the "wild" westerners
became a lot less wild as the most aggressive people were killed early
in life.

Maybe after 100 years of "Wild Chicago south side", things will
improve, due to guns.