Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] nobody@nowhere.org is offline

Default trailer brakes

On Mon, 21 Jun 2010 09:38:29 -0500, "Karl Townsend"
wrote:

I would start with setting it low, and then increasing it so that when
you hit the brake, the trailer pulls back, but gently. Note that
everything depends on how hard you brake also. I have electric brakes
on my trailer. I figured that for empty it should be 1.4, for 1.5-2k lbs
it should be 2 or so, for 4000 lbs it should be 3.4 or so.

In other words, just go by feel. I guess i figured that's the only way.

Karl

Risking not reading ahead and seeing this already covered, how about
one of those RV back up cameras and a monitor so you could watch
what's going on behind while you try different settings?

Newb