Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
cavelamb cavelamb is offline

Default trailer brakes

Karl Townsend wrote:
"Carl Ijames" wrote in message
Looks like I get the acid test next week. They just scrapped out a 20,000
lb. commercial laser where my son works. He gets to take it home.

Ooh, ooh, tell us (ok, me :-)) more! What kind of laser, what shape is it
in, is he going to try to get it running?

His company was running "lights out" with this machine. There was a fire and
the control wiring burnt up. As the machine was slated for replacement in a
year, they scrapped it out.

Somebody has to help get rid of this monster laser, might as well be us. the
laser itself is only for 4x10 sheets up to 3/8 thick, but it includes a
material handling system to feed off a stack of input and send the finished
parts and scrap down a conveyor to a part pick and place unit.

Karl

Oh man, Karl. That is going to be the all time best gloat - ever!

--

Richard Lamb