Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
John John is offline

Default trailer brakes

Karl Townsend wrote:
I had dropped a project and just finished it this weekend. Only one thing
left on the big trailer, making the ramps narrower so I can load the
forklift.

Anyway, I now have a trailer brake controller based on brake line hydraulic
pressure.
http://www.brakecontroller.com/maxbrake.htm
The trailer brakes come on just before the truck. For those that don't
remember every one of my projects, this is a 24,000 lb. double dually
thirty six foot trailer.

My question, this unit has a gain setting 0 to 1000 for weight on the
trailer. Set it too high and you skid the trailer tires. Other than looking
for smoke, is there a good way to set this gain? I want to come up with a
really good number for empty, and also only the forklift on.

Karl

I hope you have class A CDL to drive that trailer. It is an articulated
vehicle over 18,000 lbs. and falls in the same category as a tractor
trailer.

John