Posted to uk.d-i-y
andrew andrew is offline

Default How should I dispose of a fluorescent tube?

Andrew Gabriel wrote:

In article ,
MM writes:
It's an 18" one from the kitchen. Never had one before, so I don't
know whether it goes into landfil, recycling or whatever. Surely I
won't have to make a 28 miles round trip to the council tip? It'd work
out cheaper to mail it to them.

Is there not a returns policy, like now for batteries?

There's supposed to be. As far as I know, it only works with
people who have 25 or more tubes to return, i.e. industrial
customers. There was no provision for them at my local tip
when I last visited (a year or so back).

I thought WEEE regulations required a retailer to take the old tube back.
Medlocks certainly take my old tubes back when I buy a new one.

AJH