Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Eager Bob Eager is offline

Default How should I dispose of a fluorescent tube?

On Mon, 21 Jun 2010 11:26:37 +0100, Nick wrote:

I tried that. But when I took 5 years of domestic electrical rubbish
(computers, TV's etc) to the dump, after a long time queueing, I was
given a grilling as to whether it was commercial.

In future I won't risk being refused, I'll just chuck it in the
household rubbish.

Sounds a bit like the recycling scheme round here. The council provide
clear bags, and you can get more if you use a lot.

This was too successful (and allegedly millions of bags were being
'misused') so now we get 51 bags a year. If we fill in a form we can get
a few more. If we want any more, they send someone round to 'educate' us.

Guess where all the excess recycling is going? That's right, landfill.
Even the tip doesn't have a place for that sort of recycling. And don't
get me started on driving miles to get rid of fluorescent tubes.

Yes, you...Canterbury City Council!

--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org