Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Clarke Mike Clarke is offline

Default How should I dispose of a fluorescent tube?

MM wrote:

I *hardly ever* go to the tip! I never normally need to. Been maybe
once in five years. I wouldn't mind if it was just down the road, but
it isn't. It's miles away. I rarely use my car nowadays, but use my
bus pass instead. No buses pass the waste tip, though. I want to do
the 'right thing', but the council makes no provision at all for
people like me. No wonder there's such a lot of fly tipping.

Well if the council can't/won't provide a suitable means of disposal then I
reckon you're morally justified in putting it in the bin. It probably
causes less pollution than the 28 mile drive but I don't know where you
stand legally, but who's going to know.

--
Mike Clarke