Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim K[_2_] Jim K[_2_] is offline

Default How should I dispose of a fluorescent tube?

On Jun 21, 10:36 am, MM wrote:
On Mon, 21 Jun 2010 10:33:13 +0100, "www.GymRatZ.co.uk"

wrote:
MM wrote:
It's an 18" one from the kitchen. Never had one before, so I don't
know whether it goes into landfil, recycling or whatever. Surely I
won't have to make a 28 miles round trip to the council tip? It'd work
out cheaper to mail it to them.

Is there not a returns policy, like now for batteries?

MM

Can you not just keep it in the box the new one came out of and save it
for when you DO need to go to the tip?
It's only an 18" one after all.

Pete

I *hardly ever* go to the tip! I never normally need to. Been maybe
once in five years. I wouldn't mind if it was just down the road, but
it isn't. It's miles away. I rarely use my car nowadays, but use my
bus pass instead. No buses pass the waste tip, though. I want to do
the 'right thing', but the council makes no provision at all for
people like me. No wonder there's such a lot of fly tipping.

MM

ask/complain to the council not us?