Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Dumb TV Socket Question

In article ,
TheScullster wrote:
Hi all

Can someone please confirm that the socket attached is suitable for a
"standard" tv connection? There's loads of talk of duplex this and
triplex DAB that...I will be using it for digital freeview signal
(maybe freesat later) distributed from a powered splitter - and for a
phone point of course.

http://www.mkelectric.co.uk/en-GB/Pr.../K3557WHI.aspx

Think you probably mean diplex? That's where you combine say a UHF TV
signal and a VHF radio one down the same co-ax. Needs a diplexer at either
end to do this. Then there are electrically isolated outlets for communal
systems. And probably lots more.

If you intend fitting a satellite system later, best get one with an
additional satellite socket too - these are different from UHF aerial ones.

--
*According to my calculations, the problem doesn't exist.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.