Posted to uk.d-i-y
fred fred is offline

Default Dumb TV Socket Question

In article ,
TheScullster writes
Hi all

Can someone please confirm that the socket attached is suitable for a
"standard" tv connection?
There's loads of talk of duplex this and triplex DAB that...I will be using
it for digital freeview signal (maybe freesat later) distributed from a
powered splitter - and for a phone point of course.

http://www.mkelectric.co.uk/en-GB/Pr.../TVFMBTsocketo
utlets/Pages/K3557WHI.aspx

Given the poor description on that page, I'm not surprised you are
confused.

Yes, that is fine. It's a single so the duplex, triplexed etc
descriptions do not apply and non-isolated and screened are just what
you want.

Note the requirement for a 25mm back box and take care to avoid kinking
the cable. My pref is to use foam filled CF100 cable to reduce that risk
but have recently bought semi air cored CT100 equiv when on a budget,
used with care. Either way only use copper braid and copper foil
screened cable.
--
fred