Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Shop Wall and Electric

On Sun, 20 Jun 2010 12:15:41 -0500, -MIKE-
wrote the following:

On 6/20/10 11:59 AM, Mike Marlow wrote:
As long as the hole is big enough to put the cables through it
without kinking or damaging them, sure. AFAIK, the Code doesn't
mention anything at all about minimum hole size through wood framing.

One caveat for drilling bigger holes in a typical tubafour stud frame
is the larger hole may require the use of nail plates if they end up
less than 1 1/4" from the edge.

True. I use bigger holes to make pulling easier, and to run more through
one hole. That way I don't have to worry about wires running through a lot
of different heights when rock goes on.

The real question is, how many lines can you run through a floor joist
in the basement ceiling, that allows for the most clothing to by hung
from it?

Is that in the NEC? :-)

The NEC specifically states that "clothing is optional", Mike.

--
Peace of mind is that mental condition in which you have accepted the worst.
-- Lin Yutang