Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Robert Swinney Robert Swinney is offline

Default OT-BP Gusher Unstoppable ?

Doomsday scenario. Or, or , or, , , , , that well reaches into the "mother pool" of oil underlying
the entire G.O.M. and it will continue to flow until the pool is depleted. Of course, by that time
the economy of all the US coastal states will have been totally wrecked; with the nation's economy
in ruins as well. We will have no fossil-fueled defenses to fight with and none of our allies will
come to our aid. The Govt. will not have been able to float enough stimulus to keep the economy
going and we will be bought out (or invaded) by China or some other rapidly rising 3rd world
country. So, it will be bye, bye US as we know it.

Bob (nightmares are us) Swinney

"Azotic" wrote in message ...
"All the actions and few tid bits of information all lead to one
inescapable conclusion. The well pipes below the sea floor are broken and
leaking. Now you have some real data of how BP's actions are evidence of
that, as well as some murky statement from "BP officials" confirming the
same.

"To those of us outside the real inside loop, yet still fairly
knowledgeable, [the failure of Top Kill] was a major confirmation of what
many feared. That the system below the sea floor has serious failures of
varying magnitude in the complicated chain, and it is breaking down and it
will continue to.

"This down hole leak will undermine the foundation of the seabed in and
around the well area. It also weakens the only thing holding up the massive
Blow Out Preventer's immense bulk of 450 tons. In fact?...we are beginning
to the results of the well's total integrity beginning to fail due to the
undermining being caused by the leaking well bore.

What eventually will happen is that the blow out preventer will literally
tip over if they do not run supports to it as the currents push on it. I
suspect they will run those supports as cables tied to anchors very soon, if
they don't, they are inviting disaster that much sooner.

"Eventually even that will be futile as the well casings cannot support
the weight of the massive system above with out the cement bond to the earth
and that bond is being eroded away. When enough is eroded away the casings
will buckle and the BOP will collapse the well. If and when you begin to see
oil and gas coming up around the well area from under the BOP? or the area
around the well head connection and casing sinking more and more rapidly?
....it won't be too long after that the entire system fails. BP must be aware
of this, they are mapping the sea floor sonically and that is not a mere
exercise. Our Gov't must be well aware too, they just are not telling us.

All of these things lead to only one place, a fully wide open well bore
directly to the oil deposit...after that, it goes into the realm of "the
worst things you can think of" The well may come completely apart as the
inner liners fail. There is still a very long drill string in the well, that
could literally come flying out...as I said...all the worst things you can
think of are a possibility, but the very least damaging outcome as bad as it
is, is that we are stuck with a wide open gusher blowing out 150,000 barrels
a day of raw oil or more.

http://motherjones.com/blue-marble/2...ow-unstoppable

Best Regards

Tom.