Posted to rec.woodworking
J. Clarke J. Clarke is offline

Default Shop Wall and Electric

On 6/20/2010 2:55 AM, Lee Michaels wrote:
"Larry Jaques" wrote

They have a special foam for wiring use, too. It's fluorescent
orange, so the inspector can tell it's the correct stuff. It doesn't
melt as easily if there's a fire so your upper walls/attic stay safer
longer in the event of a fire.
http://cableorganizer.com/abesco-fire-rated-foam/

Hey, good website. I got some big workstations and a couple other projects I
have to wire up and they have some goodies that could help. I filed this one
away.

Those are two things you really don't need in a shop. The radio takes
your attention away from sharp spinny things which are often reaching
for your fingers, and the chair lets you goof off too much. Calculate
in the office, not the shop.

I got a "shop stool" at a garage sale and it turned into a bar stool of
sorts. Ya know, you sit on it and nothing much happens. I needed the space,
threw it out and my productivity went up. Go figure.

Burt Rutan in the plans for the LongEZ suggests that the "thinking
chair" is an essential piece of equipment. I suspect that few of us are
as productive as Burt Rutan.