Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Don Foreman Don Foreman is offline

Default OT what is this strange animal in our backyard

On Sat, 19 Jun 2010 19:46:22 -0500, Ignoramus20428

On 2010-06-19, Wes wrote:
Ignoramus13320 wrote:

My grandpa commanded something like this (if I remember his
WWII photographs correctly).

http://tinyurl.com/2cu5o56

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/280_mm_mortar_M1939_(Br-5)

He had nightmares almost every night.

My adopta dad was an expert with a flame thrower and served in WWII. Mom told me he had
some scary bad nightmares.

I have no problems understanding why. US Army 1943-63.

I think that nowadays it is called "PTSD". I recall visiting my
grandparents, he would scream, at night, on top of his lungs, "TANKS!"
and that sort of thing. I can only imagine that he had some very scary
moments.

The proper response to this is to scream "YOU'RE WELCOME!"