Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jim Wilkins Jim Wilkins is offline

Default OT what is this strange animal in our backyard

On Jun 19, 8:42*pm, Lewis Hartswick wrote:
* One of my cousins toted one of them in south pacific.
He still has a severe case of "anti anything JAP".
I'm almost afraid to park my Subaru in front of his
house when I visit. :-)

My father did, too, until I reminded him of how thoroughly we hit them
back, details that came out after the war when they only wanted to
forget.

Then he remembered picking up the crew of a lone B-29 at their
dispersal area and driving them back to debriefing. They weren't
wounded and the plane was undamaged, but he had never seen such silent
shell-shock on an air crew. He guessed that they had returned from one
of the A-bomb missions.

jsw