Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jim Wilkins Jim Wilkins is offline

Default OT what is this strange animal in our backyard

On Jun 19, 5:19*pm, "Ed Huntress" wrote:
"Jim Wilkins" wrote in message
I use a kissing/smacking sound on the back of my hand to get squirrels to
stop and look. Sometimes they'll start chattering when you do that. Then you
have a still shot at them.

--
Ed Huntress

I think the sound itself is less important than not moving when you
make it.

I've encountered wild animals while riding the wooded trail along the
river behind the Segway plant. The beat-up old engineering machine I
had borrowed wasn't quiet and I was standing upright in the open and
gliding along right past the wild turkeys and deer that certainly knew
I was there but didn't take me for dangerous until I moved one leg a
little. Hands didn't bother them too much.

Deer stand still and watch when I'm on my tractor too.

jsw