Posted to alt.home.repair
The Henchman[_6_] The Henchman[_6_] is offline

Default Electric Meter

"mm" wrote in message
On Sat, 19 Jun 2010 10:00:48 -0400, mm
wrote:

On Sat, 19 Jun 2010 08:45:24 -0400, "The Henchman"
wrote:

With these smart meters and the proper thermostats, the power company in
my
area (Ontario Canada) will give you rebates if you let them cycle down
from
their office your air conditioner during peak demand periods. There are
times where our power company actually has to import power from the US
(ohio
and michigan) in summer. We use a lot of nuclear power here and Ohio
uses a
lot of coal, but Ohio's pollution comes and hangs out over Ontario. So
It

I guess that is irony. You should get some big fans to blow it over
Quebec.

Electric fans. That would be more irony.

Quebec won't sell us cheap power. They prefer to sell to New York City and
Boston at 7 times the price. Which is good. It means we subsidise that
province less. Selling overpriced electricity is about the only thing
Quebec does right.

Problem is when you buy cheap coal power from Ohio, you have to take the
smog with it.