Mark

Default X5 vs Industrial

Damn shame. If US corporations want to use that cheap overseas labor,
why can't we see any price difference? But that's too far OT for now.

At least the miter slots in my Uni are damn accurate. I'm building
some crosscut sleds and the slot widths are .751" in each slot. I am
using 3/4 x 3/8 stock for the runners and they are a perfect fit. More
on that later.

I was told by a Delta rep that the X5 line was entirely assembled in
Asia, maybe he wasn't quite accurate. Regardless where they come from,
I still have a fair amount of satisfaction in Delta. Let's see how
long it lasts........ Mark

Unisaw A100 wrote:
Mark wrote:

The X5 is the exact same machine, most likely built in Chaiwan now.

I don't think this is quite true quite right now. I suspect
when the Delta Chiwanese cabinet saws make their way to the
lower forty eight they'll be the same ones as being peddled
in Kanada right now. My guess is at that moment in history
they won't be selling the Unisaw anymore made in the USA or
not.

This of course will be the sign of the apocalypse. Wait,
the sign of the apocalypse was the evil Dr. Cheney surviving
long enough to become president.

Let me get back with you on this.

UA100