Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Don Foreman Don Foreman is offline

Default CL listing: Anvils in Northern California

On Fri, 18 Jun 2010 20:48:19 -0800, Jon Anderson
wrote:

On 6/18/2010 2:15 PM, Wes wrote:

I thought you moved to down under. If I'm mistaken, who am I thinking of?

That move will happen, but when is far from resolved. Ideally, here for
another 5-6 years, maybe longer. Want to bring my wife over for a couple
years and put her through a culinary school, we are seriously
considering opening a Mexican restaurant there once I make the move.

First priority is to stick around until my kids are out of high school,
and that depends on the economy. Work has been picking up and some new
opportunities have come up, looks like that one could be covered.
Once the kids are out of school, it becomes a matter of how much longer
do I want to keep working. With her house paid for, we won't need much
income, so retirement before 60 is well within reach.

You'll know when I am about to go, as I'll post a free-for-all
come-n-git-it for all the stuff I don't want to take and couldn't sell
but can't bear to throw away unless I absolutely have to... G

Jon

Good on ya, Jon!

I retired at 57. Left a lot of money on the table but decided I'd
rather leave money than good years. Mary retired a few months later.
We've never regretted our choices, not even for a nanosecond.