Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default CL listing: Anvils in Northern California

No relation to or knowledge of seller, I just know there's always
someone looking for an anvil, and this seller has a selection.

http://goldcountry.craigslist.org/tls/1797650091.html

Lake Wyandote is approx 6-8 miles east of Oroville, CA

Jon
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Jon Anderson wrote:

No relation to or knowledge of seller, I just know there's always
someone looking for an anvil, and this seller has a selection.

http://goldcountry.craigslist.org/tls/1797650091.html

Lake Wyandote is approx 6-8 miles east of Oroville, CA

Jon

I thought you moved to down under. If I'm mistaken, who am I thinking of?

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 6/18/2010 2:15 PM, Wes wrote:

I thought you moved to down under. If I'm mistaken, who am I thinking of?

That move will happen, but when is far from resolved. Ideally, here for
another 5-6 years, maybe longer. Want to bring my wife over for a couple
years and put her through a culinary school, we are seriously
considering opening a Mexican restaurant there once I make the move.

First priority is to stick around until my kids are out of high school,
and that depends on the economy. Work has been picking up and some new
opportunities have come up, looks like that one could be covered.
Once the kids are out of school, it becomes a matter of how much longer
do I want to keep working. With her house paid for, we won't need much
income, so retirement before 60 is well within reach.

You'll know when I am about to go, as I'll post a free-for-all
come-n-git-it for all the stuff I don't want to take and couldn't sell
but can't bear to throw away unless I absolutely have to... G

Jon
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 18 Jun 2010 20:48:19 -0800, Jon Anderson
wrote:

On 6/18/2010 2:15 PM, Wes wrote:

[...]

Good on ya, Jon!

I retired at 57. Left a lot of money on the table but decided I'd
rather leave money than good years. Mary retired a few months later.
We've never regretted our choices, not even for a nanosecond.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 18 Jun 2010 07:21:50 -0800, Jon Anderson
wrote the following:

No relation to or knowledge of seller, I just know there's always
someone looking for an anvil, and this seller has a selection.

http://goldcountry.craigslist.org/tls/1797650091.html

Lake Wyandote is approx 6-8 miles east of Oroville, CA

Does that $3/lb include shipping?

He doesn't give them away.

--
Peace of mind is that mental condition in which you have accepted the worst.
-- Lin Yutang

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2010-06-19, Jon Anderson wrote:
On 6/19/2010 7:23 AM, Larry Jaques wrote:

Does that $3/lb include shipping?

Lol... No, he's not, but then decent to good anvils are not exactly
common. In 30 years of yard sales in Grass Valley, I've found 3
serviceable anvils, one of which I bought..

In the last 1.5 years, I came across one 140 lb Peter wright anvil
with accessories. The price was $100. The accessories that I did not
need, fetched $360 or so.

Later I came across a 200 lb peter wright for $200, sold the 140 lbs
one for $212 and kept the bigger one.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
jk jk is offline

Jon Anderson wrote:

On 6/19/2010 7:23 AM, Larry Jaques wrote:

Does that $3/lb include shipping?

Lol... No, he's not, but then decent to good anvils are not exactly
common. In 30 years of yard sales in Grass Valley, I've found 3
serviceable anvils, one of which I bought..

Jon

And the other two times you had to tell your wife she couldn't sell
your anvil?

jk
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 6/20/2010 10:23 AM, jk wrote:

And the other two times you had to tell your wife she couldn't sell
your anvil?

Bought it while still single. Back then, so long as I could pay rent and
bills at the end of the month, I was free to spend my money on whatever
I wanted. Marriage brought some restraint of course, but the Ex didn't
really complain about my buying tools.

My present wife, if I saw another anvil I wanted, would buy it for me!

Jon
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Jon Anderson wrote in news:gEwTn.514037
:

On 6/20/2010 10:23 AM, jk wrote:

And the other two times you had to tell your wife she couldn't sell
your anvil?

Bought it while still single. Back then, so long as I could pay rent and
bills at the end of the month, I was free to spend my money on whatever
I wanted. Marriage brought some restraint of course, but the Ex didn't
really complain about my buying tools.

My present wife, if I saw another anvil I wanted, would buy it for me!

My wife came with a 75 pound anvil. Lots of other nice tools. Her
grandfather was a mason, and she inherited all his stuff. Knows how to use
them too.

Doug White

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 6/19/2010 2:18 PM, Jon Anderson wrote:
On 6/18/2010 2:15 PM, Wes wrote:

[...]

Hello Jon
I was wondering just recently if you had moved here or not.

--
Kevin (Bluey)