Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] stans4@prolynx.com is offline

Default OT what is this strange animal in our backyard

On Jun 18, 2:28*pm, Wes wrote:
Ignoramus13320 wrote:
All of my guns are far louder than really is sensible for the
situation. Plus the ricochet issue in a suburb. I do not own a .22.

I visited a gun dealer recently and saw no .22 rifles cheaper than
$200, WTF?

Perhaps the price would seem more reasonable if you purchase it to both ruin your rodent
and use to take your son to a range to target shoot.

Wes

Not a lot of what used to be called "boy's rifles" out there, all the
boys have grown up and the manufacturers are going after thicker
wallets now. You can still find some used bolts cheap at pawn shops
and there's the Chipmunk and relatives for the younger set. Cheapest
new full-size bolt .22 is either a Marlin or a Savage and runs about
$150 on sale at Big 5.

For in-town use, I'd recommend one of the more potent air rifles, you
can still get a good springer for under $120. That should take care
of most anything up to rabbit size with proper shot placement. Ammo
is a hell of a lot cheaper than .22s, too.

Stan