Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jim Wilkins Jim Wilkins is offline

Default OT what is this strange animal in our backyard

On Jun 18, 1:42*pm, Hawke wrote:
Eating squirrels? That sounds like something Gummer would do.

Hawke

Squirrels earned their own class of rifles:
http://www.donstith.com/hawken_squirrel.html

They and rabbits are the only plentiful daytime animals worth eating
and too stupid or self-confident to hide from us.
I can sometimes see a chipmunk further away than a deer, because deer
freeze and blend in very well.

There is a game park at Stone Mountain GA with tame deer wandering
around under the pine trees. When they lie down they vanish in plain
sight, the hair looks just like pine needles. The easiest way to find
one is to look for the flies,above them, then the nose and eyes and
ears.

jsw