Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Paul K. Dickman Paul K. Dickman is offline

Default OT what is this strange animal in our backyard

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message
Cleaning small game is not for the squeamish. It helps to have started
doing it before age 10. g The neat way to gut a rabbit is to slit him
from anus to upper chest (near the throat); grab the two front legs in one
hand and the rear legs in the other; turn him so the slit is facing away
from you; swing him back over your head; and "flip" or "snap" him forward,
like a soccer-ball throw-in. The guts go flying.

Do not do this in the house. d8-)

--
Ed Huntress

We went to members night at the Field Museum and one of the must see
sections is the Mammal Prep Lab. The always have a half dozen people in
there skinning something. I had several nieces and nephews in tow (ages
7-12) and we were all watching a young female intern peeling a fisher.

"That's disgusting" my nieces said.
I said, "It's not so bad. It's like changing diapers. It's pretty gross for
the first few, but after that it's just work"
In unison, all the museum staff nodded their heads and said, "That's it
exactly"

Paul K. Dickman