Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default buy a Mig welder

On Thu, 17 Jun 2010 22:21:58 -0700, "Steve B"
wrote:

"Larry Jaques" wrote

Yeah, it's a PITA, but it beats the alternatives.

--
Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what
to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.

My alternative would have been to use 3/32" 6011, stinger negative, run
downhill.

And I'd bet I'd be finished before Gunner had his welder running.

Steve

Which welder?

Now granted you are a pro welder, but Im not all that shabby for an
amature..and Ive got 3 welders already plugged in under the welding
bench....

Miller Dialarc 250/stick, DanMig 150/mig, and the Airco 300
Squarewave/tig/stick

And Id have run either wire, or 3/32 6011, run downhill, at about 65
amps

Now if it were away from the welding shop....I could use the 1943 Hobart
300 amp DC stick, the Ranger 9, (mig/stick/tig) or the little Lincoln
Weldpack 100, 110vt mig.

The Miller 35 with the Cobra Husky wire feeder on it would not have
worked...shrug..Its got a 12" spool of 4043 on it and the Miller 35 with
the steel wire in it..is down in LA in my buddies shop, along with the
Esab 250 SquareWave stick/tig

But..its true, you likely would have finished before I did, and the
resulting bead would have been w work of art.

Im just a dauber and you are a pro.

Tipping my hat to you!!

Gunner, who was welding Unistrut conduit supports all over the framework
inside of a Butler building today with the little Weldpac 100, while
balanced on the forks of a forklift run by my wife. With no injuries!!
Well..not counting that hot blob that went down the front of my shirt
and took up residence in my belly button.....Crom but I hate
fluxcore.....

Gunner

Gunner Asch