Posted to sci.electronics.repair
k[_2_] k[_2_] is offline

Default Sony KV27FS210 stopped working

TV is about 6 or 7 years old and had been taking a while to come on
for several days. I'd turn it on, the red led indicator would blink a
few times, then it would take a few minutes for the picture to come
on, sometimes accompanied by a loud noise.

Then there was a surge of some kind in the house, not lightning, the
TV went out and would not come back on. The LED blinks, then it just
shuts off.

Does this provide enough information to tell whether this would be
worth repairing or should I just junk it and go out and get a new flat
panel?

Thanks.