Posted to alt.home.repair
harry harry is offline

Default Hey Harry, waht about Bloody Sunday

On Jun 17, 1:44�pm, keith wrote:
On Jun 17, 1:17�am, harry wrote:

On Jun 17, 5:39 am, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

On 6/16/2010 12:12 PM, harry wrote:

On Jun 16, 10:51 am, "Ed wrote:
I've seen some reports on the news about Bloody Sunday. I'm hoping that
Harry takes the time to post a URL for the best and most accurate coverage
of the event. I'm sure he wants us to know how they do things in the UK.

The event took place more than forty years ago. The events surounding
it are really complex. Read about it here if you're really
interested.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloody_Sunday_(1972)

There was an enquiry which some people considered to be a whitewash..
So there was another, just recently come to it's conclusions Yesterday
in fact.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloody_Sunday_Inquiry

This bit is interesting to the public here in the UK
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloody_...roversy_over_c...

Personally I don't see how people can be expected to remember events
that took place decades previously. And the parachute ragiment are
not police.
You throw rocks and bombs and shoot at them and they will shoot back
and did.
I have no opinion on what is the truth of the matter. Whatever the
outcome it would rake up old feelings. I suspect the outcome is
doctored to what is politically neccessary. Our politicians are as
crooked as yours i that respect.

Harry, most folks don't understand that soldiers are not policemen and
should never be used in that way. Soldiers are trained to kill people
and break things. Real soldiers know this and resent being pitted
against civilians. I once saw an interview with some Israeli military
pilots who got into deep trouble with their superiors for refusing to
fire on civilians. As to guarding our Southern border, it's not just
innocent civilians looking for work who are sneaking across, it can be
heavily armed intruders and we better get a lot of soldiers down there.

TDD- Hide quoted text -

Well You have a problem with your Southern border which is quite
different to our problem in Northern Ireland. These Mexicans have to
be kept out or they will destroy you. �Though it's a problem of your
own making. I would say none of them are innocent in that they're all
out to break one law or another.

Right. �Northern Ireland is a problem of your own making.

� �Civil unrest can get to a point when it's beyond the capabilities
of police to handle. Iseem to recall there have been incidents in
AMerica when the National guard has been put on the streets.

The National Guard is not the military. �They're the states' militia.
The fact that there are Air National Guard units with F16s and such is
another issue.

�Israeli soldier not fire on civilians eh? They weren't Gazan
civilians I take It?

If they don't stand next to (read as; "protect") a thug with a rocket
launcher they won't become collateral damage. �Simple 'nuff.- Hide quoted text -

Oh the Iraelis shot toddlers and women in Gaza. Maybe they thought
she had a rocket launcher under her burka.