Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Building my first woodworking space, need help

On Thu, 17 Jun 2010 06:25:05 -0700, Dave wrote:

My first projects will be making a good bench and a good wooden toolbox.
Anyone have any good plans for a bench? I do wonder tho if having a
workbench on wheels i a good idea. Don't want it moving when I am trying
to use the table saw. (Table saws scare the f***k out of me).

Mine is on wheels, but I jack it up onto a couple of 4x4 blocks at each
end. With storage underneath it does *not* move, even with hand planing.
This method makes it a little hard to move, but I find it's the one thing
in the shop that seldom moves.

Oh yes, if the bottom is solid for storage, put a piece of cardboard on
the floor under the bench. Pull out the cardboard to retrieve dropped
items. DAMHIKT :-).