Posted to rec.woodworking
Dave[_51_] Dave[_51_] is offline

Default Building my first woodworking space, need help

Wow, thanks everyone for the great replies.

To answer some questions:

I live on Long Island, NY, so a good part of the year the shed will be
too damn cold or dark to do anything. I can make dust march -
november, after that I'll just pine.

Planning is an absolute must. Not only am I going to be trying to
sqeeze a work bench, tools and the rest in the shed, I'm going to have
to put all my yard tools/mowers/other junk in there. She is already
planning moving a bunch of stuff from the house to the shed too.
*sigh*

I have two windows in the front of the shed for some light, and I'll
have the doors open when I'm working.

My first projects will be making a good bench and a good wooden
toolbox. Anyone have any good plans for a bench? I do wonder tho if
having a workbench on wheels i a good idea. Don't want it moving when
I am trying to use the table saw. (Table saws scare the f***k out of
me).

I'll take pictures and paste the links here as I get going.

Thanks!
Dave