Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Watts Tim Watts is offline

Default Cable Routing - Trunking or Clipped?

TheScullster
wibbled on Thursday 17 June 2010 14:27

Sorry Tim

I think my response to your last post was misleading...
It's the power circuit that totals 50m - comprising 12m to the kitchen
boundary from the CU and 12m return leg, with the remaining 26m used in
the lap around and the drops down the kitchen walls.

The cooker cable will go to 2 points - length to point 1 approx 14m,
additional length point 1 to point 2 approx 7m.
The earth provision is TN-C-S and all ciruits have Type B MCBs - all power
ciruits are currently protected by a single RCD (split box setup).

Yes I have access to a suitable meter.
The resistance test you describe for the cooker cable will presumably also
prove good connections at any junction boxes/face plate terminals along
the route.

Phil

Ah - you were talking about cooker and ring circuits and I picked the wrong
one. Never mind, you've got both answers from Adam too.

I thought 50m was a bit of a mental cooker run (but quite believable for a
ring) - but I just assumed you had a weird and tortuous route...

--
Tim Watts