Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Masonary Paint Removal

On Thu, 17 Jun 2010 00:38:13 +0100, The Medway Handyman wrote:

Least of your problems. These things use **** loads of sand but only
have a cleaning area of about 10mm wide. And the carbide nozzles wear
at a phenominal rate.

As a guestimate, doing the front of an average house would take 2-3
tonnes of sand (which you then have to get rid of) and take weeks.
Carbide nozzle will last around 3 hours @ £15 a pop.

The link posted was to a wet blaster not dry. I can see that a dry
blaster would use a lot of sand and needs BOFO compressor (trawling
about the web yesterday I found a dry blaster, 72CFM @ 100psi...).

As I see it a wet blaster is just a pressure washer with some
abrasive in the water flow. The picture in the link shows a normal PW
lance with the grit attachment on the front. Nozzle wear could still
be a problem though. I shall have to ask some questions before going
that way. We have plenty of space to lose a tonne or two of grit
though, just have to shift it.

--
Cheers
Dave.