Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
William Wixon William Wixon is offline

Default Why are schools dumping auto shop, wood shop, and metal shop?

wrote in message
On Wed, 16 Jun 2010 12:32:58 -0400, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

Oh, heck, Gunner, we believe you. As I suggested, I've read
Ecclesiastes,
too, and I appreciate a good aphorism as much as the next guy.

I figure you've picked up your literary style from the Holy
Handloaders for
Buddha and Discount House of Pistol Primers. d8-)

Did he ask the guy to hold the nail while he pounded it? Or did he
hold the guy's hand down with one hand, while he held the nail with
his other hand, and swung the hammer with his third hand? Somebody
should make a movie about this school he went to, where there are
bullies who one day beat up folks, and the next stand still to get
their hands nailed to benches by nerdy 4H types. No, not what you
think, the one that's for hard-up tellers of humiliating harebrained
hogwash.

Wayne

in like 7th grade (wood)shop i had the resident tough-nut punk "bad"
kid take the bellows (from the sand casting area), pack the end with
casting sand and BLOW it into my eyes. i don't believe he got in
trouble either. me, as a kid i was trained to keep my mouth shut and
take abuse.

b.w.