Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] wmbjkREMOVE@citlink.net is offline

Default Why are schools dumping auto shop, wood shop, and metal shop?

On Wed, 16 Jun 2010 08:44:23 -0400, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
.. .
On Tue, 15 Jun 2010 13:28:31 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

I had one of the 'Alpha males' try to attack me with a wood mallet in
wood shop. I took it away from him. He tried to take it back but he
ended up with a 'very' sore wrist. Then he tried to punch me. I
blocked his swing, and cut his face with my class ring. Someone had
told the idiot that 'Nerds' were easy prey. ;-)

All I wanted to do was finsh my project. I only took HS wood shop,
because I had already taken every other shop class availible.

I had a similar problem. I literally nailed the assholes hand to the
bench and told him Id hunt him down and kill him if he told the teacher
who had done it.

His name wasn't Hay-Soose by any chance, was it? d8-)

Jeez, another exciting gummer whoppe...er, adventure. Quite the
contrast to his most infamous pity party, wherein he describes giving
his wife's boyfriend a stern talking-to. Which going by some of his
other threats probably included lines like "my hammer and nails are at
the pawn shop right now, but if you bring me some I'll teach you a
lesson".

Wayne