Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Watts Tim Watts is offline

Default Cable Routing - Trunking or Clipped?

On Wed, 16 Jun 2010 17:23:38 +0100, Jim wibbled:

On 16/06/2010 13:52, TheScullster wrote:
Some time ago, another poster gave links to images of his first fix
work. Can't remember the culprit, but he showed conduit being used
between boxes, with the conduit passing through grommets into each box.
From your suggestions above, it appears that as long as the conduit
protrudes into the box to protect the cable from the sharp box hole
edge, a grommet is not required - is this correct?

Wouldn't it be great if someone made a book or website showing good
first fix practices? I'm working my way through ring mains and plumbing
at the moment and having to figure out everything from scratch is rather
tiresome.

Adam (and others):

Book opportunity!

--