Posted to uk.d-i-y
TheScullster TheScullster is offline

Default Cable Routing - Trunking or Clipped?

Hi all

OK so I know I should have looked this up last night, but it's bugging me
now!
Running power and cooker cable around the kitchen loft and I would prefer to
run most in flat (single cable size) trunking.
The reason is that I will be running this across walls and along roof
timbers (to keep it out of insulation) and this will give a degree of
protection against knocks, or any critters that get in there.
Also, I don't trust myself 100% when trying to clip cable to tough brick,
not to welt the cable occasionally.

But what is the impact on the cable capacity when run in trunking against
clipped?
I would consider just using clips when running cable along roof timbers, as
the hammer velocity doesn't need to be quite as serious.
The drops down the walls will be in oval conduit chased and plastered.

TIA

Phil