Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Masonary Paint Removal

On Tue, 15 Jun 2010 18:01:53 +0100, Phil L wrote:

Which leaves mechanically, and doing it with a needle gun wouldn't work
neither IME as I think the needles would just compress spots of paint
into the stone.

If used straight on I can see that being a possibilty but when used
at an angle and the needles worn into lots of little chisels?

http://www.brandontoolhire.co.uk/dir...p?idproduct=74

Is a grit blaster /pressure washer and can be had for about £50 a week,

Interesting, thanks for the link. I think you'd need to add the hire
of a suitable PW onto that £50/week though. As there is quite a bit
of "growth" behind the flaky paint a good wash down of the wall is
something that will have to happen anyway.

although I'd be a bit wary of water ingress, especially if it requires
repointing in places

Ha, we get proper wet up here driven by storm force winds... not
quite the same as a PW but a lot more than most buildings get exposed
to.

--
Cheers
Dave.