Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default Sevin powder applicator ideas

Stormin Mormon wrote:
The entrance to the wasp nest is about 3/8 inch hole, and the nest is
uphill from there. Not likely to work in this application.

(vanished upstream message restored for clarity- Stormin, if you MUST
top-post, get rid of your sig delimiter.)

..

"ransley" wrote in message

They sell sevin also in a lawn spray version that attaches to a garden
hose , like the lawn fertiliser bottles. I used it on japaese Bettles
on a Willow tree and it kept the bettles off for months, I think I
also did one in ground nest wth it and it worked. Ive done to many
nests to count with the powder, maybe 20, but the liqued bottle on a
hose is worth a try or mixing the powder on a garden sprayer, I
believe it leaves a film that is active for a long time.

(now my reply)

The Sevin my local Farm Bureau sells comes in a plastic squeezable
bottle, with a skinny tube you snap into the opening. You shake it up to
unclump it, stick the tube in the hole, and squeeze hard. Shoots out a
nice big puff of powder. Usual caveats about long-sleeve shirts tucked
and taped as needed, and goggles and a mask, apply. Best to hit the hole
after dark, to catch as many as possible at home.

--
aem sends...