Posted to rec.woodworking
Bob AZ Bob  AZ is offline

Default Building my first woodworking space, need help

On Jun 15, 10:54�am, Dave wrote:
Hello:

I've always been interested in woodworking since 7th grade when I took
shop, but I've never had the time, money or space to get into the
hobby. But now that I'm in my mid 30's, own a house and some land, and
have some disposable income that She lets me spend I am finally going
to get started.

I live in the burbs, on a 110 X 60 plot, in a house with no garage or
basement. The old shed I had was tiny, barely enough to get the lawn
mower inside, but this weekend I am getting a brand new 12 X 12 shed
from Shedsusa.com. I opted for the Gambrel roof for extra storage, and
the heavy duty flooring. �Style is classic, with the 40 inch doors in
the front.

So, my question to you wise people is this: How much work can I get in
this shed? Will I have enough room to do any work?

Also, should I wire the inside with electrical cable? I was imagining
putting in a light switch and some outlets around the shed, an dmaybe
putting in an outlet into the work bench I am going to build. I can't
legally run a circuit to the shed, so the best i would be able to do
is drag a 12/3 extension cord to the shed and plug it into a jack to
power the shed.

Has anyone else done something like this before that has any
experiences they want to share?

Thanks,
Dave

Dave

Go at least 20 X 20. RV power pedestal is good. Just below where it
comes above ground install a tee and conduit toward the shop. So after
the inital time just run some wires in the shop through the tee. A
switched circuit from the house to illuminate the RV pedestal would
also be good. Run a dummy circuit/cord into the shop so it looks like
you are on an extension cord.

Bob AZ