Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Why are schools dumping auto shop, wood shop, and metal shop?

On Tue, 15 Jun 2010 13:28:31 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

I had one of the 'Alpha males' try to attack me with a wood mallet in
wood shop. I took it away from him. He tried to take it back but he
ended up with a 'very' sore wrist. Then he tried to punch me. I
blocked his swing, and cut his face with my class ring. Someone had
told the idiot that 'Nerds' were easy prey. ;-)

All I wanted to do was finsh my project. I only took HS wood shop,
because I had already taken every other shop class availible.

I had a similar problem. I literally nailed the assholes hand to the
bench and told him Id hunt him down and kill him if he told the teacher
who had done it.

I was very much a nerd..but one with an attitude. And an uncle who
taught me to fight. It was a very painful summer. But it helped.

Gunner

Gunner Asch