Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ala Ala is offline

Default Why are schools dumping auto shop, wood shop, and metal shop?

"Existential Angst" wrote in message
wrote in message
When I was in school, these were every boy's favorite, and almost the
only useful education we got.

Indeed.

And the answer to the Q is:
Because everyone wants to be a fuknStockbroker.
Better to be the one doing the ****ing.

It's really said that every boy's and girl' goal now is money for nothin'.

The most curious part of it is the only skill it takes is salesmanship.
That really doesn't require higher education. I would challenge them to try
and explain the instruments they are selling, or the formulae used to create
the hedge strategies. They can't.

all they have a grasp of is marketing and advertising