Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default OT-2013 Taxpayer Surprise

.70...
"Ed Huntress" fired this volley in
:

When did we start taxing capital or savings in the US, Dan? Some
states have asset taxes on business property, but there are no federal
taxes on either capital or savings -- only on income. And if people
object to the asset taxes, they can move to another state. There's no
need to move overseas to avoid that.

Ed, you need to read Atlas Shrugged (maybe again).

Re-read John Galt's radio broadcast.

LLoyd

Thanks, Lloyd. Yes, I read it.

It would be interesting to see what Ayn Rand would have to say about
offshoring and the race to the bottom against 80-cent wages. For that
matter, I'd like to see what Milton Friedman would have to say about it.
They couldn't deny the facts forever.

--
Ed Huntress