Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default OT-2013 Taxpayer Surprise

wrote in message
On Jun 15, 4:12 am, F. George McDuffee gmcduf...@mcduffee-
associates.us wrote:

It is suggested that people unhappy with this should
consider moving to Mexico or Kyrgyzstan where the taxes are
lower, or at least the rich don't have to pay.

-- Unka George (George McDuffee)
The past is a foreign country;
they do things differently there.
L. P. Hartley (1895-1972), British author.
The Go-Between, Prologue (1953).

I think I would prefer to move to New Zealand or one of the many other
countries where there are no taxes on capital gains. New Zealand
realizes that capital is necessary to create jobs.

If you want less of something, put a tax on it. Cigarettes, Liquor,
Capital, and Savings. Taxing Capital Gains as you want to do, will
ensure that more jobs move overseas.

Dan

When did we start taxing capital or savings in the US, Dan? Some states have
asset taxes on business property, but there are no federal taxes on either
capital or savings -- only on income. And if people object to the asset
taxes, they can move to another state. There's no need to move overseas to
avoid that.

--
Ed Huntress