Posted to rec.woodworking
Josepi[_5_] Josepi[_5_] is offline

Default Shop Wall and Electric

Here what happens with the insurance companies, typically.

- You have a fire
- Fire Marshal (Chief Fire Inspector with insurance company hanging on his
every word...waiting) checks in and says "Careless smoking!", You reply "No,
nobody smokes here!".
- Fire Marshal then states "Official cause of fire is bad wiring" **BIG
STAMP ON PAGE** (before all the nonsense boys double their ritalin
injections - I have been there)
- Your insurance company looks into permit records and finds no record of
wiring permit to add recent updates. They don't want to pay, readily. May
drag out for a few years plus a few sleepless nights.
- Your insurance company has to pay, probably by law
- Your insurance comes up for renewal and they won't look at you.
- You run to other insurance compaines and they share records.
- You live without insuance and your mortgage company theatens you to pay-up
now.
- You reach deep into investments and get a second job.
- You post here and they all laugh at you.

BTW: The $75 fee will totally break the budget on your $20,000 update,
cancel the whole deal and, you will live in shame for the rest of your life,
wishing for Alzheimers so you can forget.

If anybody has proof otherwise, post the link. Shame is so hard to prove
these days. Perhaps we have some dimentia experts??

"Puckdropper" puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com wrote in message
Insurance issues aside, $25 for an inspection is cheap. Assuming you
have a good inspector, getting your work looked at by a professional for
$25 is cheap.

Puckdropper

"Bill" wrote in
:

If you would have had to make a fire-related claim with your home
owners insurance company
you may have been up a creek (worth the risk?).

I don't want to waste the approximately $600/yr I spend for my
coverage. Where I live, the permit is $25--cheaper than pills to help
me sleep. Not only that, the idea pleases SWMBO! : ) Not only that,
I've never worked through the process
before so I will learn something from it. From my perspective, I don't
see a big downside.
I want to emphasize: YMMV!

Bill