Posted to rec.woodworking
Lee Michaels Lee Michaels is offline

Default True Confessions: Saftey gear

"SonomaProducts.com" wrote in message
What eye safety do you use?
What lung safety do you use?

I think it is really a bigger question. I hate to admit it but I have
just never fully solved this issue. I always wear hearing protection,
usually ear muffs. I mostly ware lung protection but for years I have
just used crappy cloth dusk masks from HF or HD. I always fog up my
eye protection so it is always the first to go. Unless I have my face
in router spew, I usually just have lung and eye protection.

I probably need an actual respirator that seals better and won't fog
my safety specs. Just looking for your input.

Since I used to do a fair amount of metal work, I always went with a hard
hat with everything. So the eye, ear and lung protection had to go with a
hard hat. I went down to an industrial safety supply house and got a matched
set.

And yes, the face shield does for up. But I just keep wiping it off. I
can't tell you how many times that hard hat - face shield combo saved my
ass. Or more specifically certain portions of my face and head.

For things that are safer, that do not require a face shield, I just go with
ear muffs and a respirator of some kind.