Posted to rec.woodworking

Default True Confessions: Saftey gear

"SonomaProducts.com" wrote in news:5ed99cd9-eac6-4710-
:

*snip*
I always fog up my
eye protection so it is always the first to go. Unless I have my face
in router spew, I usually just have lung and eye protection.

*snip*

You too? I've spent more money than I'd like on safety glasses and
goggles that just fog up. Anti-fog coverings give me about 2 minutes
more before they fog up. I think the problem is simply not enough air
flow.

When I wear "normal" safety goggles, they don't fog up. Those are the
kind with an array of holes drilled in the top and bottom. Try to get
something to keep the dust out, and everything starts fogging.

What I'd do if I was designing these things is drastically up the number
of vent locations. The last new pair I bought had 1 row of vents, I'd
have 6 or 7. Open vents on the bottom. They're woodworking goggles, not
chemical splash goggles, so they need only keep the dust to a minimum.

Sorry if this is a little soap-boxy, but you've hit on a source of quite
a bit of frustration.

Puckdropper