Posted to uk.d-i-y
johnboy[_2_] johnboy[_2_] is offline

Default Using flexible connector to connect toilet to outlet pipe which isnot directly behind toilet?

In our downstairs cloakroom we've got an old style S-trap two piece
toilet (which has a rather unattractive plastic cistern).
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4067/...e3f2194b_m.jpg
Unfortunately the base has cracked and is leaking.
I would like to replace the whole thing with something more modern.
However the actual waste outlet pipe is not directly behind the toilet
but is at approx 45 degrees as you can see in this picture.
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4017/...a5df3677_m.jpg
If I replace it with something more modern like we have upstairs, ie
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4027/...d16b1976_m.jpg
will I be able to connect the waste from the toilet to the outlet pipe
using a flexible connector or would it be possible to connect it using
a solid pipe?
I don't particularly mind if it doesn't look great as I'll probably
box it in.
Is there a danger that the flexible connector will smell as it's
concertina structure means some waste will stay in the pipe?
What's the maximum length connector pipe you can get?
Any advice appreciated?