BillR

Default noisy gas meter

Bilbo Baggins wrote:
At the weekend we had a new heating and hot water system installed.
We went the way of Unvented Mains Pressure and had a new Potterton
boiler and a Megaflow system.

We are really delighted with the performance (instant power showers)
and the quietness of it but since the work was done I have noticed a
strange noise coming from the gas meter.

When the gas is flowing the meter makes a burbling noise (rather like
bubbling water). Everything works fine otherwise and it could be
that the meter has always done this.

Am I being paranoid?

Mine has always done this.
It probably due to fact that the new setup is taking far more gas, making it
more noticeable :-)