Posted to rec.woodworking
marc rosen marc rosen is offline

Default True Confessions: Saftey gear

With very little exception I wear (where?) a Trend and hearing
protection at all times. When I am using my drill press with a vacuum
hose at the source I sometimes forego the Trend but a face shield is
in its place. I have about 5 face shields and hearing protectors each
in my shop and these are presented to any guests that might show up.
I also offer them the Moldex 2200N95 dust mask (it's like an underwire
bra for your face). My wife has a Trend too which she wears when she
helps out.
I use Festool sanders with their vacuum so I sometimes forego the
Trend again with this step but I prefer using it to eliminate that
dust which does get away from the vac.
Marc