Posted to rec.woodworking
Lobby Dosser[_3_] Lobby Dosser[_3_] is offline

Default True Confessions: Saftey gear

"SonomaProducts.com" wrote in message
What eye safety do you use?
What lung safety do you use?

I think it is really a bigger question. I hate to admit it but I have
just never fully solved this issue. I always wear hearing protection,
usually ear muffs. I mostly ware lung protection but for years I have
just used crappy cloth dusk masks from HF or HD. I always fog up my
eye protection so it is always the first to go. Unless I have my face
in router spew, I usually just have lung and eye protection.

I probably need an actual respirator that seals better and won't fog
my safety specs. Just looking for your input.

Lungs - the crappy paper masks and heavy duty vacuum dust control

Hearing - standard muffs

Eyes - full face shield - had a turned bowl blow up in process and a piece
clipped the shield instead of my head!
the face shield does not seem to fog as quickly as glasses with side
protection do.

That said, this is strictly hobby for me.